|There were a few minor issues found and requests made for 5.2 so a minor 5.3 release has been made with the following issues addressed.
- The Electronic Interface settings dialog were you specified the COM Port and Baud rate settings has now been moved to the more appropriate Tools->Options section as that provides a more standard and easier to access location than the old settings. Furthermore, all references to the COM Port is now via a Drop Down list that displays all of the system defined COM Ports which should make it easier to find the correct COM port number being used by your computer. The COM Port setting section in Tools->Options now includes a "Test" button which will test the COM port to see if it is valid and open.
- In 4. Racer Info, under Race File Tools, the command to "Import Racers from another Race File" had been designed to merge race files and check for duplicates to ensure you weren't importing unnecessary record. Unfortunately, this function ended up being too smart for it's own good and was often merging duplicates found in the imported file. This would cause problems if you just wanted All records, regardless of whether the same person had multiple records in the import file (as can easily happen due to online registration.) The functionality of this has now been changed so that it just imports all racers, without any logic looking for duplicates. This makes the function more predictable and transparent.
- Due to the new Province and Nation specific data types in the 1. Set Option->Field Options which provided drop down lists in Online Registration, there was a bug that did not list these fields as available in the Results or Startlist reports. This has been corrected.
- There was a minor bug in the sprint module when choosing to not reassign bib numbers between the qualifying and sprint rounds. Although Zone4 is designed to handle this situation, the Start Grids report still ordered racers by their Bib number instead of their qualifying time making the Start report ill suited for determining lane choice. This had been fixed to order by Qualifying time so regardless of whether you have reassigned the bibs or are keeping them the same from qualifying, the Start Grids report will order the racers properly according to the rules for lane assignment.
- Fixed a minor bug in the 1.Set Options, Field Options tab which was allowing people to create text fields without defining a field length. When this happened, it caused problems in a number of other areas including Reports, Race Info, and in Online Registration.
- In 2. Category Info -> Enter Category Details, the Cancel button did nothing - fixed.
- The Electronic Interface Device Emulator has been upgraded so you can generate multiple pulses on different channels by clicking 3 different channel pulse buttons. This enables better testing of the electronic interface and it's algorithm to sort out laser and 2 backup plungers.