A few bugs have been reported since the release of 5.3 in December so this upgrade fixes the following issues.
- The "Include Adaptive or Time Factored Categories" feature now includes Racer level time factors as well as Category level factors. This give organizers more flexibility to assign specific skiers percentage time factors instead of assigning them to an
entire category. This makes it easier to have Adaptive Skiers compete in Open class events and have the athletes ranked along with everyone else, without requiring specific Sub Categories for each different Adaptive Classification. The only thing to keep
in mind is that the final results will factor in BOTH any Category level as well as Racer level factors so don't go putting the factors in both places as that will compound the time factoring. (This factor compounding could be used as an actual feature some day so Zone4 doesn't try to prevent such a setting.)
- There was a bug found in Category Info that would keep resetting the order of Sub Categories in a Combined Category listing. The bug was actually in the 2nd Category Info - Edit Category Info screen, so after setting up the proper ordering in the first screen, going to the second screen and clicking either OK or advancing through the list of categories would then erase the set ordering. This bug was most annoying for the Online Registration system as it made it difficult for registrants to find their appropriate Sub category when they were all mixed up.
- In 1. Set Options - Registration Options -> Optional Price Increase Date - if you had set a date but then decided to go back and turn that setting off, Zone4 would not save the fact you had reset the date and turned off the Raise Price feature. This has been fixed.
- In Racer Info - Racer Details - the Tab button did not work as intended and allow you to Tab down through the fields in the left hand Racer Data fields. This made it very annoying to try and enter or edit details quickly. This has been fixed. As well the Add New Racer button did not work as intended and did not leave the intended fields allowing quick entry of family members of related Club athletes. This has also been fixed.
- There was a request that the Biathlon extra time Penalty feature become a more generic Time Adjustment feature that could accept both time Credits (penalties) as well as Debits (for range delays, etc.) This has now been added. These time adjustments are listed below each category with their Jury reasons.
- There was also a request that the Range Info for each category be available on the Startlist reports as well as the final results. This has been added.
- The Print menu -> Race Stats report did not report the correct numbers due to the online registration change that allowed people to register in different categories on different days. If this happened in an event, the numbers reported in the Race Stats output would be wrong. This has been corrected.
- There was a bug in the Custom Reports PDF output whereby Yes/No boolean fields were displayed as TRUE/FALSE instead of as checkboxes as they showed up in the regular print output. Fixed.
- There was a bug in the way Zone4 handled Categories so that if you created a category name with either leading or trailing spaces, the Category Info - Edit Category Info page would throw errors about "Category Name already in Use". There was no work-around for the error and but has been fixed in this release.
- In interface to the Alge S4 was added upon request but is untested yet.