There have been a few bugs found in Version 2.2 This update addresses the following issues. Each issue is marked as either Critical, Serious, Annoyance, or Obscure.
- Critical- When creating a multi-lap race, if you enter the number of laps as 2 or more for any of the categories and then exit the Category Info, you cannot go back and INCREASE the number of laps in Category Info. Doing so will cause a problem when timing the race. This only happens when you try to increase the number of laps from 2 or above to any heigher number of laps. This also happens if you import a race file into a New Standard Format Race and increase the number of laps from 2 or above to any heigher number of laps. This error will not occur if the original race file was a one lap race, or if the first time in Category Info, you set the number of laps to 1.
- Serious - There is a bug that caused problems when trying to remove a Category from the Race File. If you are using Combined Categories and try to remove a Sub-Category the entry will be removed from the list of categories but won't actually be deleted from the race file.
- Serious - If you are using the Automatic Category Assignment feature and have entered people in the race file, when you run the Automatically Assign Categories function it does not update each racers appropriate race fee for their newly assigned category.
- Obscure - When using the Electronic Interface, Lap Times channel, if for the first racer, instead of assigning the bib number in the usual way, you click on the actual bib number column and enter the bib number as if making a correction, the instant results screen will not show lap time correctly. It will instead just show the person't name where the lap time should be in the instant results screen. This only happens if you have a multi-lap race and you start by assigning bib numbers in this incorrect way. It does not happen if you have already entered a bib number using the standard method in the upper bib entry box. This does not happen for Final Times channel or the real time entry screen.
- Annoyance - There is a problem when uploading the results logo to Zone4 Online for Online Registration or Result Posting. One user had the logo show up as a blank image. Also, it loads the file as a BMP instead of the intended jpg format. Also if you make changes to the logo and try re-uploading it, the system will not show this updated image.
- Annoyance - In the Result Window the Choose Lap drop down menu did not always update itself correctly to the number of laps for a given Category.
- Annoyance - The seeding procedure has been re-written to better follow the CCC / FIS rules regarding non-licenced skiers. The rules say that ALL racers without a licence must be placed in their own seed before applying the standard seeding rules. Presently the automated Zone4 seeding procedure for both CCC and FIS points applies the seeding rules without putting unlicenced racers in their own seed. If you have a race with no non-licenced racers, then the present procedure works perfectly, but if there are non licence holders then they will simply be included with the rest of the racers in the standard seeding ordering. It is possible to manually change the seed of a racer after the procedure is run, but for provincial level events where the majority of racers do not have a CCC or FIS licence then this manual correction method is tedious. Also the seeding procedure now uses numbers instead of letters to represent the different seeds. This brings it more in line with the current rules.